Sunday, January 31, 2010

Lacking in Organization

Being that this is the very beginning of this quest/project, i'm extremely unorganized (which is quite usual for me :/ ) I know what my plan is, I guess what i should really be confessing is the truth. The truth is I've worked 30 hours in the last 3 days and I haven't had time to research my beers of the week. I probably could've squeezed in more time for this, but then I would have gotten even less than the 5 hours of sleep I got per night. However I did drink beer! I even tried a couple of new beers. My beer of choice is currently Michelob Ultra, but since I'm being daring, I tried Michelob Ultra Pomegranate Raspberry, I'm a risk taker i know. the ultra pomegranate is a good starter beer for non drinkers because it has a fruity aftertaste. Next week I'll have to give more background information on the beers that I'm drinking. What I can say about it is that its a yellowish color and its light in calories (perfect for those watching their waistlines.) Moving on, I also tried Blue Moon. I know that the old saying is that you aren't supposed to fruit the beer, but I'm a frilly girly girl and Its blue moon so you're supposed to. The beer itself didn't really have a strong citrus taste, but the orange did enhance the flavor. the beer itself is more of an orangish tint. I apologize again that I don't have the specific details such as whether they are ales or lagers, but to be honest again, the bottle didn't tell me. Not to mention, I'm currently surrounded by 6 chatty Cathy's so my train of thought is constantly getting lost in the gabber. So perhaps I should let you know that I do plan on giving about 80% more information than this each week. My main resource is a book called Beer Tasting. Hopefully, reading the book will help me become more fluent in my beer drinking lingo. What did I gain from this first, chaotic week? I still don't prefer to drink beer, I'm sooo craving a mudslide, a grasshopper, a daquiri, or all of them but i've commited myself to beer. I've also learned that while fruity beers are probably a great transition for most nonbeer drinkers, If i must drink beer i'd rather drink regular michelob ultra.Most men say," DON'T FRUIT THE BEER! (its a man law)" and I actually have to agree, just don't fruit the beer it just doesn't do it for me so maybe the word man really stands for humankind. Its a humankind law. Oh my good gravy more people are coming in, i'm going to get off here and "enjoy" another beer! Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. See, I find it funny that the old rule of thumb is that men don't drink fruity beers, even though most men (American men anyways) drink light beer. Wouldn't you consider a "diet" beer more girlie than beer with a hint of fruit in it? Anyways, if you want to give fruit beer another shot, my personal favorite beer of all time is called Seadog's Blueberry Wheat ale. I can usually find it at Bar Louie at International Plaza but I also think that World of Beers (in Westchase) sells in as well. Good first post, I'm looking forward to what you have to say after reading the book a little bit!

    ReplyDelete